Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Haqimi doesn't want to warm KL bench

KUALA LUMPUR: Kuala Lumpur forward Haqimi Azim Rosli is willing to move to the flanks to avoid being a bench-warmer this season.

The 20-year-old made 11 appearances last year and helped KL finish second to Al Saeed in the AFC Cup. He also featured for the national team in the AFF Cup, playing four matches and scoring a goal against Laos in a 5-0 win.

Despite his rising stock, Haqimi faces tough competition for a place in the KL first 11 as he has to vie with Brazilian Herlison Caion, Ivorian Tchetche Kipre and Colombian Romel Morales.

Haqimi conceded that he is down the pecking order but aims to improve his work rate and skill to impress coach Bojan Hodak.

"It has become tougher to make the starting XI this season with new attackers joining the team. Players like Caion and Kipre are very experienced compared with me," said Haqimi.

"It is going to be a stiff challenge to get regular starts but I aim to get as many playing minutes as possible. I will battle for my place.

"I'm willing to play in the flanks, I'm still young and I see that there is space for me to develop my game. I will give my 100 per cent in training and pre-season to ensure that I get my chance to play in the Super League."

Haqimi added that he wants to learn from the vastly experienced Caion, who scored 24 goals for Selangor last season.

© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd



from New Straits Times https://ift.tt/6Hh3TNv

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement