Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Shuttler Yoke Meng leaves BAM after contract not renewed

KUALA LUMPUR: Thomas Cup winner Kwan Yoke Meng is no longer attached to the BA of Malaysia (BAM).

It is learnt the 57-year-old's contract as a junior coach was not renewed by the national body.

Yoke Meng, who had also served as a national senior coach from 1993-2003, was last in charge of the girls' Under-13 squad at the Academy Badminton Malaysia (ABM) in Bukit Kiara.

"Thankful for what life has presented me all this while.

"As of March, I will become a free agent. I'm excited as I still have so much to offer and would love to share my knowledge and experience.

"I'm also grateful for the support from my family and friends who have offered me encouragement," said Yoke Meng on Facebook.

"I also want people to know that I am far from retiring.

"With the Olympics next year, there may be new opportunities for me."

A fortnight ago, Vountus Indra Mawan quit the Under-18 doubles squad to take up a coaching offer in Australia.

At the start of the year, former All England champion Hafiz Hashim announced that he was also no longer with the national setup after his contract was not renewed.

Hafiz has since taken up a coaching role in India.

The national junior squad is now led by singles head coach Misbun Sidek and doubles head coach Rexy Mainaky, also the doubles coaching director for the national elite squad.

KW: badminton, Kwan Yoke Meng, Thomas Cup, BAM

© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd



from New Straits Times https://ift.tt/NDXz5P8

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement