Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Sea Games: Syafiq vows to keep improving, dedicates win to family

PHNOM PENH: National diver Syafiq Puteh dedicated the men's 3m springboard individual gold medal he won today to his family.

Syafiq's daughter Nuraisya Zulaikha is set to turn three on Friday and he is also expecting a second child later this year.

"My wife is three months pregnant and is expected to deliver in November so this is for them (family)," said Syafiq.

Syafiq emerged victorious at the Morodok Techo Aquatics Centre with a score of 377.85 with teammate Gilbert Gabriel Daim (365.25) coming in second.

Singapore's Avvir Tham Pac Lun (360.40) completed the podium.

Syafiq, however, admitted that it was not his best performance.

"My last dive was not as good as I had hoped for which is slightly disappointing because it was my favourite dive," said Syafiq.

"I will learn from my mistakes and continue to try and improve myself."

© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd



from New Straits Times https://ift.tt/fU45MpI

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement