Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Be fair-minded even if you hear slander PM tells rakyat

PERMATANG PAUH: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has urged the people to fairly analyse all sorts of slander being spewed against his administration.

He said they could listen to these statements but they must know how to differentiate between slander and political attacks.

He said among the slanders being spewed were with regard to investments not coming into the country, Islam being affected under his administration, the maritime border agreement signed between Malaysia and Indonesia recently as well as internal rifts in his administration.

"So, there are slews of slanders being spewed. The people can listen to them but they must analyse them fairly.

"Yes, I may have my weaknesses, which I may not be aware of. They can tell me my weaknesses but they should not resort to slander.

"As such, give us a chance to lead this country. It (our country) is almost rotten and we are here to put it back on track.

"I have been here only for seven months and I am doing all things possible to restore the economy and fight corruption," he said in his speech at a kenduri korban at Masjid Jamek An-Nur in Kampung Guar Perahu here today. He also joined the people to perform Friday prayers at the mosque.

Anwar said the relevant authorities were taking action to investigate the wrong-doers in the previous administrations.

"We will not tolerate (this). Investigations are going on independently by the relevant authorities. You 'sakau', you answer to the authorities.

"It is not my job to investigate. Yet, there are people accusing me of seeking revenge. That is not true. Even if I commit any wrongdoing, I am subject to investigation by the authorities," he added.

In his speech, Anwar also said that he was receiving all sorts of threats.

"The rich are ganging up against me. I have no issues with that. They are resorting to the 'Hidup Melayu' agenda and others. I will continue to fight no matter what," he said.

© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd



from New Straits Times https://ift.tt/ePxBHfm

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement