Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

No personal attacks from me, says PKR Panchor candidate

KOTA BARU: "l will avoid making personal attacks against my only rival from Pas when campaigning for the Panchor state seat in the state election," said PKR candidate, Syed Mohd Alidustur Syed Mohd Zain.

Instead, Aludustur said during his campaigning he would focus on explaining current issues in Kelantan to voters, particularly in the constituency of the state seat he is contesting for.

Apart from that, the Pengkalan Chepa PKR chief said he would also tell voters what should be done by the Pas-led government who is now the caretaker government to improve its administration.

"In my campaign, l will explain to the voters about the current political and other pressing issues in Kelantan as well as telling them what needs to be done by the current state government so that it will improve its administration for the benefit of the people.

"I will not make any personal attacks on the Pas candidate even though I realise that it is hard for me to face him one-on-one," he said.

He told this to reporters when visiting bedridden patient, Azreen Afiza Azhari who is suffering from brain cancer at Taman Desa An Nur near Panji today.

The 50-year-old father of four is facing a straight fight against Datuk Mohd Amar Nik Abdullah at the state seat which has been a Pas stronghold for many years.

Alidustur said he is ready to face a long-serving Pas assemblyman in the party's stronghold.

"This is a tough challenge for me but will not dampen my spirits. I am fully confident that PKR machinery as well as my family and relatives will support me. I will do my best," he said.

Alidustur has an advantage wooing voters because apart from being a local from Panchor, he is also the grandson of Tok Ku Syed Daud, a former imam of Masjid Panchor Lama.

He will be facing Mohd Amar who is the former Panchor assemblyman and caretaker Kelantan Deputy Menteri Besar who has retained the seat since 2014.

Mohd Amar, who is also Pas vice president, told reporters after submitting his nomination paper on Saturday that Alidustur is his distant cousin and he knows his family very well.

The Panchor state seat is one of three under the Pengkalan Chepa parliamentary constituency.

The other two state seats are Kijang and Chempaka.

© New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd



from New Straits Times https://ift.tt/9j1FApr

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement